Thursday 28 July 2011

Copenhagen 27th July - 28th July


26th July -28th July  Melbourne – Copenhagen

Qantas A380 3A a great way to fly except we were on the tarmac for over an hour as the computer said we had no brakes which of course they had to get  fixed!
That meant I had too many vodkas broke my rule of not drinking  and flying!!
Got to Singapore late so only one hour turn around which was good, so this leg I had no grog not even a champagne!!! Drank lots of water, a sleeping pill and had a few hours sleep.
Arrived in London and went to the  Concorde lounge which is pretty stunning with chandeliers and lovely ambience .

 Showered which made me feel better and settled in for a relax before heading off again ,  a 4 hour wait. It seemed to go pretty quickly as I had breakfast again, as I had it at 3.00am on the plane!

Off to Copenhagen and arrived to beautiful sunshine 24 degrees.
I noticed all the  flags were  half mast,  it was for  memory of  Norwegians who had tragically died a few days ago.
 As we arrived at the First Hotel Skt Petri the taxi driver said get to the church which is a few minutes from the hotel and see the Royal Family as there is a Memorial Service for the Norwegians’.
I checked in dumped my bags and flew down the street just in time to see Princess Mary the Queen and Federick! How lucky was I.
I then wandered around for a half and hour or so and came back to see them again! Got a gorgeous photo of Federick but the view of Mary and The Queen was a glimpse this time, oh well better than nothing!!
I wandered around in the sunshine, went down to the canal and did a canal cruise  which was lovely.

By this time I am wilting and getting pretty tired so I walked back to the hotel by which time it was 6.00p.m 
 I adore the foyer of the hotel with all the Anne Jacobsen egg chairs, isn’t it stunning! I want them!!!

I had dinner and bed!!! Went to sleep pretty quickly woke up in the middle of the night took a pill and slept through.

28th July

Woke up  feeling tired, but got myself together and headed off at 10.00am. Thought I was going to Tivoli Gardens but ended up at Rosenborg Castle, which is  surrounded by beautiful gardens.
Im not unhappy about this so do the tour of the castle and wow it is stunning, so old filled with amazing belongings of the Royal family dating back to 1863 . There are private rooms of Christian IV , porcelains, ivory, coral ornament’s, furniture , paintings on of course jewels! The Royal crowns and amazing Queens jewellery!

 It is a very intermit castle and you are  so close to everything you feel part of it, I really enjoyed it.

By the time I left I was getting cold so I walked back to the hotel and changed got my jacket and off again this time to the Tivoli Gardens!!!
Eventually got there and didn’t expect it to be as it was!!! I thought it was going to be gardens but it is restaurants, gardens sideshows and filled with kids!!
So now I head off to see Princes Marys Palace which is Amalienborg Castle following my map and getting shitty as I have to put my bloody glasses on and off a million times, I cant stand being blind!!! Driving me crazy!!!
Eventually I get there and do a quick tour of the museum and see the christening gowns of Mary,s children .
 Im the last to leave as it closes at 4.00p.m,  and there is just no one there, very pleasant!
I booked Susie and I into see the Queens reception rooms where the Royal photos were taken for Mary and Freds wedding! Lucky as they are only open on Sat and Sun for 2 sessions!
I leave and now see the changing of the guards!! Im standing right next to them again a few people watching its very cute!

I wander home down the gorgeous little cobbled stone streets with some rather lovely shops!! Eventually get home at 5.30pm so I have clocked up a few kilometres today!!

By now I am really cold and looking forward to getting warm!!
Susie arrives tonight, cant wait to see her!!

A big day!!!
The Queen Mary and Frederick inside church

A great way to take the kids around

 The Queen and Mary!
 Prince Frederick

 The Queen
 Prime Minister and his wife
Foyer First Hotel skt Petri
 Egg chairs by Anne Jacobsen
 The Little Mermaid




 Inside the church where Mary was married and the Memorial Service was held
 Tivoli Gardens






No comments:

Post a Comment