Friday 3 June 2011

22.5.11 LAST DAY BEVERLY HILLS


22.5.11 LAST DAY BEVERLY HILLS

After breakfast I head off to the Getty museum which is on huge acreage in the hills of Los Angeles off Sunset Bv. It is an amazing; take a little train to the cream stone buildings with stunning statues, water features and gardens. It has a peaceful serene feeling of spaciousness. I view an exhibition on Paris 18th century; a photographic exhibition on Cuba, which was fabulous having just been there it, was so much more interesting
Viewed sod masters and generally had a good wander around. I caught a cab back on my way went passed the Playboy mansion!! Had to see where it all happens and having watched the show for so long wanted to get low down of where is was. Cant see much but did see the stone that you talk into to get in!
Took photos of the gate, went around the back of property and saw all the houses that are on the estate! Wow what real estate and other homes in the street were awesome!
Then I wanted to drop off a note to my other friends who I couldn’t get in touch with. Would you believe they are the same street as the hotel but the road goes for miles! Anyway left a note in the letterbox and yes their house was very grand! Natalie Wood use to own it!
Back to hotel and lunch at the cabana by the pool, which was great, then packed and headed to the pool to ready and while some time before I had a massage and facial pre my flight!
Now I loved all that the hotel offered room stunning, service impeccable, Polo Club great, couldn’t fault anything but wonder if I would stay again as it is a little out of the hub of things, that is good and bad! Very quiet and relaxing. Anyway I have plenty of time to think about where I stay next time!
The La Piarie facial and massage were divine and perfectly timed to head to the airport where my flight left at 1.35am 23.5.11!!
Hey the flight was great, a couple of glasses of Krug, caviar and salmon, slept for about 5hrs then had lobster in ginger sauce!
 Later some fresh fruit which was fabulous and dim sum!!!!
Arrived Hong Kong and had a long hot shower and then about an hour before heading off again!! This time homeward bound!!
On Cathy again  and I must say I do like their service food and aircrafts. All seem to be new and on this flight there is no first.
 The seats are on the angle 12a on window facing in herringbone style and in the middle just one yoo herringbone style they face the aisle Very cozy! I’m happy by myself but not very friendly if you are travelling with a partner as no talking!
Well nearly home after a really fabulous holiday, I just can’t wait to see my babies!!!! They grow so much when I go away and guess Tom will be talking so much! My little girls just becoming little ladies!!









THE ROCK INTERCOM AT PLAYBOY MANSION

 THE GATE PLAYBOY MANSION
 MCCARTHY SALAD BEVERLY HOTEL
CABANNA REST AT THE HOTEL

VIEW FROM MY ROOM

 MY BALCONY
 THE POOL

Adios, till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment